We cover all kinds of events: corporate, nonprofit and private, including conferences, fundraisers and weddings. We can provide prints onsite for guests to take home, and we make portraits in-studio or at the location of your choice.
We are big enough to handle large events, and small enough to provide personal attention at every step. We offer comprehensive service, including editing, captioning, individual retouching of every image, prompt online delivery, and online print ordering. All for one simple rate.
• editing - We deliver only keepers, so you don't have to spend time wading through photos of people who blinked.
• captioning - We add caption and keyword information to your photos so you can easily find images of a particular event or VIP in the future.
• retouching - Most event photographers deliver the images as they came out of the camera. Not us. We individually adjust every image to give you attractive and consistent color, contrast and brightness. It's a time-consuming process, but we won't deliver anything but our very best.
• delivery - We post your photos in a secure online gallery where you can view and download them and order prints right away. You can share the gallery with others while maintaining control over who can download the image files. If you like, we are happy to set up separate galleries where attendees can purchase prints or downloads. We are also happy to send your photos on a DVD on request for offline use and archiving.
After years of working together on events, veteran photojournalist Steve Hart and commercial photographer Jacques Cornell founded Happening Photos to apply the high standards of our other work to the event market.
Steve Hart is an award-winning documentary photographer whose work for the New York Times, People Magazine and other news and editorial publishers spans more than 20 years. He has won the Leica Medal of Excellence, the Gordon Parks Award, an ICP Infinity Award, and many other awards and grants for his photojournalism. His photos can be found in the collections of the Bibliothéque Nationale in Paris, the Corcoran Museum of Art in Washington, the Museum of Fine Art in Houston, and the Tokyo Metropolitan Museum of Photography in Tokyo. He has taught photojournalism at the International Center of Photography, Rutgers University and the School of Visual Arts.
Jacques Cornell is an event, commercial and travel photographer with over 15 years of professional experience in Japan, the U.S., and Central Asia. He completed a Master’s Degree at Sophia University in Tokyo, with a full scholarship from the Japanese government, then studied for three years at the Institute for Contemporary Photography there. He also studied for a year at the International Center of Photography in New York City. His fine-art work has been collected in the U.S., Ireland and Japan and appears in the permanent collection of the Kiyosato Museum of Photographic Art in Japan. He has taught at the International Center of Photography and the Fashion Institute of Technology. You can view his travel & landscape work at JacquesCornell.Photography.
Happening Photos is an official member and sponsor of Meeting Professionals International's Greater New York Chapter.
“Happening Photos was great to work with and I not only recommend their work, but will definitely hire them again for future events.”
- Erin Feinsod, Marketing Manager, Association of Executive Search Consultants
“I was blown away at how creative Jacques was and how quickly he worked. His attitude was outstanding and his results were beyond my wildest imagination. You can trust Jacques. He's a problem solver. Hire him.”
- Mike Doran, Creative Director, The Sloan Group
“Steve’s work is excellent, he is easy to work with, and he is willing to go the extra step every time to make the assignment visually exciting. I highly recommend Steve Hart and Happening Photos.”
- Pat Sears Doherty, Editor, New York State Bar News
“Had the pleasure of working with Jacques on my largest business event and was quite impressed with his level of professionalism. His dedication to quality and artistry make him my go-to photographer for all of our events.”
- Devin Cleary, Vice-President of Marketing, Event Management LLC
“The quality of Steve's work is exceptional and he is very easy to work with. He is extremely personable and puts his subjects at ease. I highly recommend Steve and Happening Photos.”
- Megan O’Toole, Manager of Membership Services, New York State Bar Association